Friday 7 May 2010

12 Week Zero 2 Illo Challenge, second piece!

So here is the second piece for the 12 Week Challenge, much happier with this one.

Here's the first sketch, the idea came to me just as I was falling asleep so I quickly scribbled it down:



This is the basic layout and shading sketch...prep is a complete novelty for me but I'm learning to be patient!



And here is the final piece, coloured using gouache and lined using Indian Ink. MUCH happier with this weeks piece.



So now I'm going to go back and work on the first weeks picture and do some inprovements. Will post once done.

For this weeks picture I found great inspiration in the work of Walter Minus, from a book I stumbled across in the library. Beautiful crisp lines and lovely colours...not to mention beautiful pin-up style women. Really love his style.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Beautiful work Laura, she looks so elegant and dangerous! I love your bold graphic style and limited color pallette - very cool, keep up the great work!